Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- MS1 - The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- MS2 - The text is preferentially single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. T. Line numbers are included in the document. The text in the MitoFit Preprints format is accepted and welcome.
- MS3 - The submission adheres to SI units and IUPAC recommendations. MitoEAGLE recommendations on terms and symbols are implemented.
- MS4 - Institutional addresses are listed for all coauthors, as well as an email address for the corresponding author.
- MS5 - The experimental work has been performed in accordance with the ethical standards for research particularly when using humans or animals. Mandatory ethics approvals are fully reported.
- MS6 - Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- MS7 - Author contributions are explained in a separate section.
- MS8 - Any conflicts of interest have been declared.
- MS9 - Where possible, raw data has been deposited in a stable and recognised open repository under a CC0 license and the DOI(s) and/or accession number(s) are included in the specific section of the manuscript. Alternatively, it is stated that raw data is available on request, or an explanation of why this is not possible is included in the comments to the editor.
- S1 - The manuscript submitted for peer review at BEC is available Open Access either (1) posted at MitoFit Preprints, or (2) in a different preprint server. Please specify in the text field “Comments for the Editor” whether the manuscript should be posted as MitoFit Preprint at the same time of the submission to BEC.
- S2 - The manuscript has not been previously published, nor is it currently submitted to another journal.
- S3 - The corresponding author has received written consent from all authors, who agree to take responsibility for the content of the manuscript.
- S4 - The corresponding author has received written consent by all persons mentioned in the acknowledgments.
- S5 - E-mail addresses for all coauthors are listed in the submission registration.
- S6 - The authors agree with the open and published peer-review process.
Any submission over 3,000 words with the possibility to be extended by the concept of living communications
A communication on an BEC topic that is under 3,000 words, including but not limited to:
- Extended Abstract – for specific conferences, more information: Extended_abstracts.
- Comments- provide critical discussions of publications, including summaries of journal clubs.
- Minireviews- short overviews of recent progress in a specific area of bioenergetics and mitochondrial physiology
- Monographs- reviews and textbooks
For short papers for BB 2022
Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License BY-NC-ND license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original authors and source are credited. © remains with the authors, who have granted BEC an Open Access license in perpetuity.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.